Points of Light Brighter Futures Fellows Program:
A Georgia Tech Pre-Teaching Internship 2017 – 2018 Opportunity
Deadline: May 12, 2017 by 11:59 p.m.
Points of Light (POL) and the Georgia Tech Pre-Teaching Program have teamed up to offer an exciting, “out of the box” education internship opportunity through the Bright Futures Fellows Program! This internship combines classroom assistance, community engagement, and leadership development.
What is the Brighter Futures Fellows Program?
The Brighter Futures Fellows Program, in partnership with metro Atlanta schools, equips talented leaders to provide transformative experiences for students in grades 1 - 12 and to work to impact student attendance, academic performance, and family volunteerism. POL supports math and coding, along with tutoring and other STEM related fields to help students advance academically.
What are the benefits of being a POL Bright Futures Fellow Pre-Teaching Intern?
- Engage in critical work from inside schools and communities
- Help schools increase support in student achievement and academic development
- Research and use best practices from high quality, evidence informed models to design before and/or afterschool programs
- Hands-on, real-world experience
- Training in leadership skills and issues in education
- Access to POL networking opportunities and a nationwide network of more than 200 affiliates
Is this a paid opportunity?
Yes, you will receive a $1000 stipend per month.
For full details and information, including how to apply, go to:
For U.S. citizens and permanent residents only