Your company’s CO-OP AND INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS are a great way to increase your presence on campus. By providing students with great work experience, they will become your best ambassadors! Several additional ways to increase your company’s visibility on campus are listed below.
1) JOB DATABASES
- Center for Career Discovery and Development (C2D2) CareerBuzz (Co-ops, Interns and Work Abroad): https://gtdopp-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
- CAREER SERVICES (Full-Time): https://gatech-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (Full-Time): http://gtalumni.org/pages/employers
Consider being a volunteer. We are in need of employers who are willing to assist with interview tips workshops in addition to other C2D2 events. Volunteers will be contacted on an event-by-event basis to check on their availability. To sign up, please contact Rob Rogers at email@example.com or 404-894-1348.
3) STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Make your company available for presentations at student and professional organization meetings. We recommend these have a technical or education thread in addition to being recruiting efforts.
- To View a List of Organizations : http://jacketpages.gatech.edu/organizations
- Society of Women Engineers : http://swe.gtorg.gatech.edu/
- National Society of Black Engineers : http://www.gtsbe.org/
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers : http://www.gtshpe.org/home/
4) FACULTY AND ACADEMIC ADVISOR CONNECTIONS
Contact the academic advisors and/or faculty chair in the major schools from which you would like to recruit. Provide a company overview and inquire about ways to form a partnership (sponsoring competitions, doing joint research, funding scholarships, etc.). For a list of academic advisors, visit http://www.advising.gatech.edu.
5) CAREER FAIRS
Career Fairs are great ways to recruit co-ops, interns and full-time hires:http://www.career.gatech.edu/careerfairs/
6) INFORMATION SESSIONS
Information sessions can be scheduled in the Student Success Center for the night prior to your on campus interviews or an earlier date. Reservation requests can be submitted via the GTevents website. For questions regarding GTevents or help with submitting a reservation request, please contact Cuyler Beall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-385-3495. If you would like an email sent to students that includes details beyond time and location, please contact a co-op advisor.
7) STUDENT NEWSPAPER
Consider placing a recruitment ad in our student newspaper, “The Technique” (www.nique.net).