Student Virtual Career Fair Instructions (Adobe PDF file)
Employers Attending: Open to 40+ businesses, please view the list in your CareerBuzz account under the Start-Up Virtual Career Fair listing.
The Georgia Tech Career Center invites you to join us at the first Start-Up Career Fair. The interest in entrepreneurship and startup careers among Georgia Tech students is high. This educational and career-focused event, geared specifically for the startup and entrepreneurship fields, is an excellent way for you to:
- Meet employers nationwide from a variety of small business startup backgrounds and fields
- Market your job and internship skills
- Receive information and advice from the best of the best
Additionally: Georgia Tech Career Center staff will offer free live and recorded trainings on our virtual Career Platform
Costs: FREE for all students
1. Go to CareerBuzz and log in with your Georgia Tech Career Buzz credentials.
2. Once you have logged in, go to Events >> Career Fairs option on the main vertical toolbar
3. Select the Start-Up Virtual Career Fair under the Upcoming Career Fairs option.
4. Click on the Attend button to verify that you will be participating in this event.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR FEATURES IN CAREERBUZZ
1. You will be prompted to complete or update your Chat Profile. Set your Status to Online. Upload your resume, if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a resume to an employer during the fair.
2. You can greet employers with your profile picture by uploading it under Account/Personal.
3. When the fair starts, go to the Employer tab and search and filter to find employers of interest.
4. Click on the employer to view company profile and positions they are recruiting for
5. You can speak to employers in 1-on-1 video chats by clicking on Join Queue. The employers who you are waiting for will show up under Upcoming Chats along with estimated wait times
6. You can stand in multiple queues at once to maximize your number of video chats. Under Upcoming Chats, you can see how many total queues you are allowed to be in at one time.
7. While you wait, you can join a group video chat with an employer by clicking on Group Chat. If you are in a group video chat, employers can still contact you for 1-on-1 video chats.
8. If you are waiting in employer queues, make sure to stay within that virtual career fair. If you navigate away to other pages within the site, you may miss invitations from employers to video chat.
9. When it’s your turn to video chat with an employer, you will see an alert pop up on the screen and hear a “ding” sound. (If using Safari, you will need to Allow Auto Play via Preferences/Websites/Allow Auto Play to hear the sound) Click on the alert to see instructions on how to video chat with the employer.
Questions? For more information, please contact: Briana Edwards, Career Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org