Kyle S. Poe is delighted to join the Georgia Teach Career Center team as the inaugural Career Educator. Kyle’s career coaching experience, time working with liberal arts students, and passion for the field has prepared him for exciting changes to come at Georgia Tech.
As the first Career Educator at Georgia Tech, Kyle will set the stage for the success of this initiative by:
- Creating opportunities and programs to identify career paths, secure internships and/or co-ops, and increase career success upon graduates of the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Developing strong relationships with faculty, staff, academic advisors, and Career Center staff
- Creating IAC career education content that is relevant and deliverable in multiple forms
- Facilitating programs, trainings, classroom presentations, and career coaching for students
- Supporting office-wide initiatives in creating and activating a robust career ecosystem that serves all students from all colleges and majors
Kyle believes he can best serve students by “meeting them where they are”; helping them to determine how their values, skill-set and interests all play a role in aligning career paths.
Kyle currently holds memberships with the Southern Association of College and Employers and serves as the Membership Liaison to Diversity & Inclusion where he assists both the New Membership and Diversity & Inclusion committees to create welcoming spaces for new and seasoned professionals. Kyle is honored to serve the Georgia Tech community and strives to give back to the Atlanta community via his involvement, as a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Ivan Allen College (IAC) Career Drop Ins
Tuesdays and Thursday 2-4pm